Practice Privacy Poster
SAR (Subject Access Request)
General Practice Data for Planning and Research (GPDPR)
From 1st September 2021 The Health Centre Practice will legally have to allow sharing of patient identifiable data with NHS digital for health and social care planning and research purposes. We are NOT allowed to refuse to share the information.
NHS digital will also collect information from other healthcare providers, and will be able to publish and share this data. NHS digital hope to use this data to help NHS planning of local services and to share with research organisations.
Please click here to see what information the NHS will share.
As a patient you can decide whether or not you wish your data to be shared, you can tell us not to share your data with NHS digital however it is important for you to understand there are TWO different opt out options:
OPTION 1 – known as a Type 1 opt-out :
- This is to opt out of GP data sharing with GPDPR
- Your information will not be shared from our clinical system
- If you opt out before the end of August 2021, NHS digital will not extract any of your data
- You can opt out at a later stage, and no further data extractions will then take place
- You can opt in again at any stage
You can use this form to indicate your Type 1 opt-out:
Type 1 Opt Out Form (word document)
or you can email or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating you wish to record a type 1 opt out.
OPTION 2 – known as National Data Opt-Out
- This does not stop sharing from GP records to NHS digital
- This controls what NHS digital is allowed to do with your data, you are opting out of NHS digital sharing your health data (this includes any health data from other providers as well)
There are several ways to complete the National Data Opt-Out :